Technologies & Expertise
To Fully Execute Prototype Build & Testing
When it comes to test systems, Belcan is a consulting, design, integration, and installation authority.
We leverage our global resources to create unique solutions that cover every aspect of validation, test, and maintenance for your product life cycle: from design and prototype to production and aftermarket repair. A complete life cycle approach to test systems provides an accelerated time-to-market, ensures lower total cost of ownership, and simplifies operations. And, to further support quick delivery, our proposal process incorporates our own robust quoting system that uses a parametric cost model to ensure quoting accuracy.
THE BELCAN TEST SYSTEMS ADVANTAGE
We can use internally-developed hardware and software to help you
reduce development risk and expedite time-to-market for new test
solutions – so you can focus on the essentials.
Every Belcan expert is trained on the most advanced technologies and
systems available to enable quick delivery and shorten your time-to-market.
Belcan draws from a pool of knowledgeable professionals and skilled
manufacturers to remove the burden of hiring costs from your project.
With over 60 years of experience, our test system options bring cross-domain
expertise that is suited to a wide variety of testing scenarios and environments.
Our full life cycle testing capabilities encompass systems, software, and hardware engineering, with adherence to the latest compliance protocols. And because we can design, manufacture, and fully test all products and prototypes, your time-to-market is greatly reduced. We also offer rapid build-to-print services to manufacture your product with complete accuracy. Let Belcan’s highly adaptable and robust capabilities deliver a unique test solution that meets your business goals.
Belcan has the right people, tools, and expertise to be your one-stop-shop for engineering services — no matter where you are in your project’s life cycle. Discover more of our engineering design capabilities:
Our complete life cycle capabilities allow us to be hardware & software agnostic, which means more options for you. We maintain a diverse population of partners and vendors to ensure we can build the right solution to meet your requirements, and our in-house experts stay trained in up-to-date versions of top tools and test equipment, including Commercial-Off-the-Shelf (COTS) offerings, and are proficient in a range of programming languages. Our software, tools, and partners support the following capabilities:
- Product design/manufacturing
- 2D and 3D mechanical modeling and simulation
- Printed circuit board (PCB), printed wiring assembly (PWA), circuit card assembly (CCA) design/analysis
- Electrical simulation/analysis
- Embedded and web-based programming and web/mobile services development
- Hardware-in-the-loop (HIL) build, configuration, and testing
- Scrum and configuration management (CM)
We’re proud to be a National Instruments Silver Alliance Partner
Industry requirements, increasing design complexity, and budgetary constraints make utilizing automated test systems an essential component of doing business. Instead of merely keeping pace with the industry, stay ahead by leveraging Belcan’s highly-trained teams. We have the expertise and certifications necessary to handle today’s stringent requirements:
- AS 9100C/ISO 9001:2015 certified quality management system
- Certain locations are AS9100 RevD: 2016 certified
- ITAR and controlled goods program
- IPC 610/620 – in-house certified trainers
- PMP-certified program managers
- J-STD-001 soldering
- Cyber Essentials certified
We recognize that managing schedule, risk, and cost are priorities. To optimize your resources during testing, Belcan has developed two cost-effective standard test models that can be customized to fit many solutions across multiple industries. Both draw from a shared Belcan automated test procedure (ATP) architecture:
Belcan ATP Architecture:
- Standard 19-inch rack mounting
- Standardized core Belcan hardware modules
- Standard power supplies and test equipment
- Standard Belcan modular software
- TSB (test sequence builder)
- TSE (test sequence engine)
- Configurable results database structure
- Capable of producing customer-specific test result sheet (Word, PDF, etc.)
Belcan has designed its ATP equipment and software to offer unparalleled flexibility. Compared to specific to test type equipment (STTE), equipment built on Belcan’s standardized platform saves you money and time:
Modular Test Procedure (MTP) Systems
- Stationary and expandable open system for validation or end-of-manufacturing testing phases
- Modules can be used standalone or as part of a system
- Pairs with an existing library of software modules
Rugged Test Procedure (RTP) Systems
- Portable covered product with touch-screen interface for in-field diagnostics of non-functioning components
- Rugged design is easy to transport across all terrain
- Supports simulation that enables a component to operate in isolation from vehicle battery and system