Innovative, Secure and Outcome-Based Solutions
Government Solutions doing business as:
Government Solutions doing business as:
Customer Value Proposition
Government Solutions Leaders
Wayne Lucernoni leads operations, strategy, growth, integration activities, and programme execution for Belcan’s Government Solutions business. Wayne has spent his career in senior leadership positions in the defence and intelligence community. He was the former President of Harris IT Services before it was acquired by Veritas and has also recently served as the Information Systems and Technology (IS&T) Group President at ASRC Federal. Wayne is a CPA who has held senior finance roles and also has experience running large complex government programmes. He holds a Bachelor’s of Business Administration in Accounting/Economics from James Madison University, and has completed The Executive Programme at the University of Virginia’s Darden School of Business. Wayne is a thought leader in the industry who has helped shape technology innovation for the US federal government. He has participated or served on numerous boards which focused on customers, technologies, non-profits, universities and policy matters.
Terry Thornton is Senior Vice President of Operations & Defence Programmes. Terry joins us from TJ Westlake, an SDVOSB, where he served as CEO. Prior to TJ Westlake, he was an executive at Harris Corporation, where his career included leadership roles as effective COO during the 18-month spin out of Harris Mission Sustainment to private equity, VP/GM for Intel and Space, VP/GM for Air Force and DoD, VP/GM for Intel, Civil & Health, VP for the NRO’s $1B Patriot programme and VP for the $700M Navy Marine Corps (NMCI) programme. Previously, Terry worked in start-up businesses, culminating with him leading the 2007 integration of the $400M Multimax acquisition into Harris. Terry started his career in software and systems engineering with Sperry/Unisys and Lockheed Martin after graduating with a BS in Industrial Technology, with minors in Mathematics & Electronics, from the University of Wisconsin-Stout and has completed The Executive Programme at the University of Virginia’s Darden School of Business.
Terry leads all programme operations in Government Solutions, with a special emphasis on leadership development and strategic growth, while also leading the Defence Programmes portfolio.
Murray Sewell joined Belcan in December 2022 as the Senior Vice President, Growth, for Government Solutions. Murray will serve as a key member of the executive staff and help shape the company’s overall strategic growth plans. He will lead the business development team in identifying, developing, evaluating and shaping new business, partner with Operations to engage customers, drive new customer penetration and lead M&A growth activities for Belcan’s Government Solutions. Murray joins us from Deep Water Point, where he has been a partner for the last six years. Prior to Deep Water Point, he was Vice President for Strategy and Business Development at Harris’ Mission Sustainment, an entity with over US $1 billion in revenue. Murray held previous executive sales and account positions at HP/EDS and Unisys Corporation. Murray is based in northern Virginia, US, served five years in the US Air Force and graduated with a Bachelor’s degree from York College of Pennsylvania.
Monisha Mandal serves as the lead for the Cloud, Cyber & IT Modernisation capabilities and the Quality division at Belcan Government Solutions. She is responsible for the implementation and management of Quality and Security Certifications for Belcan Government Solutions. Ms Mandal is responsible for expansion of the capabilities related to Cloud, Cyber and IT Modernisation technologies, providing insight into new offerings, implementations and capabilities from solution providers and cybersecurity practices. She is also currently spearheading the development of the TELESIS OpenFISMA+ tool which is a suite of modules for tracking risks, POA&Ms, Vulnerability Management, Security Authorisation, FISMA and CMMC controls. Outside of the capabilities role, she has created a team to begin monitoring internal processes and controls, and assess the risk associated with those processes and controls. With over 20 years of diverse experience, Ms Mandal identifies potential new areas of compliance, certifications and risk-management frameworks to implement certifications such as ISO, FISMA and CMMI. Ms Mandal has a Master’s degree, is PMP- and CISA-certified and is a CMMC-Registered Practitioner.
Dave Prasad is Chief Technologist for Belcan Government Solutions. In his role he is responsible for ensuring that technological advancements and digital transformation aligns with the business. Dave previously held the title of Vice President of Defence Programmes and Innovation for Belcan Government Solutions. In his role he was responsible for excellence in all aspects of innovation for programme performance, organic growth and expanding core capabilities, while also leading the Defence Programmes portfolio. Prior to joining Belcan, Dave was the owner of Insight Engineering Solutions Inc serving as CEO and CTO for Telesis. His experience includes full spectrum of IT services, satellite communications, network design, software development and help desk operations. Mr Prasad has been with PM Mission Command MCSC for the last 17 years supporting globally deployed military units and other organisations. He is an Army Infantry veteran serving numerous units globally. Combining this with his IT background gives him a unique perspective and insight into the innovation of technology to help resolve problems and foster rapid innovation.
Adesh brings over 25 years of progressive experience in leading and growing US federal service businesses. He is responsible for Belcan’s Federal Civilian business, and some of his current customers include the US Department of State (DoS), Department of Homeland Security (DHS), Department of the Treasury, Federal Communications Commission (FCC), Food and Drug Administration (FDA), Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), Department of Transportation (DOT), Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) and Department of Energy (DOE). Adesh is passionate about building trusting customer relationships and business management with a sharp focus on growth. Most recently, Adesh served as the Chief Operating Officer at Red Cedar (2020-22) and at NikSoft Systems (2016-20), where he led operations, business strategy and growth to make the company a preferred choice for its customers, partners and employees. Prior to that, Adesh was the VP and General Manager at Camber Corporation leading a business unit of 500+ employees and US $120 million annual revenue. Adesh has a Master’s degree from the University of Maryland at College Park and a Bachelor’s degree from the Indian Institute of Technology at Kanpur, India.
Ted Harrison is a dynamic, team-orientated leader who is well-versed in the US Federal acquisition process. He is responsible for Belcan’s Defence Business including programme performance, business strategy and organic growth. His customers include the US Army Programme Executive Office Command Control Communications – Tactical and US Special Operations Command. Ted is focused on bringing Belcan’s industry-leading technology to the customer and growing Belcan’s defence portfolio. Ted served over 35 years on active duty in the US Army and retired at the rank of Major General. He currently serves on the board of directors of the National Contract Management Association.
As Belcan Government Solutions Vice President of Human Resources, Laurie Foglesong is responsible for developing and executing the division’s human resources strategy, including talent management, organisational change management, employee engagement and retention. She is an accomplished human resources executive with an extensive and proven track record of working closely with business leaders to build winning cultures, leadership teams, HR systems and practices that drive performance and business results. She has over 20 years of experience in HR and has led in directorial and specialist roles at Harris (NYSE: LHX), Engineering Management & Integration, Ariel Research and Booz Allen Hamilton (NYSE: BAH). Most recently, she served as Chief Human Resources officer at Peraton, a communications and technology services contractor. Ms Foglesong has a Masters of Business Administration degree from George Washington University and Bachelor’s degree in Business Marketing from Virginia Tech. She also holds certifications from the Society for Human Resource Management and HR Certification Institute.
CERTIFICATIONS & APPRAISALS
CIO-SP3 Small Business –
Other Than Small
GSA Schedule MAS
Eglin Wide Agile Acquisition Contract (EWAAC)
EIA Omnibus Procurement IV (EOP IV)
Solutions for the Information Technology Enterprise III (SITE III)
GSA Schedule MAS
SeaPort NxG Multiple Award Contract (MAC)
Key Technology Partners
Belcan works with the industry-leading technology partners to ensure that our customers have exactly what they need to get the job done. We actively collaborate with our partners to design and implement customised solutions for our clients as unique as the missions themselves.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the world’s most comprehensive and broadly adopted cloud platform, offering over 200 fully featured services from data centers globally. Millions of customers—including the fastest-growing startups, largest enterprises, and leading government agencies are using AWS to lower costs, become more agile, and innovate faster. Belcan is an AWS Standard Consulting Partner focused on government data migrations and cloud adoption.
Commvault delivers advanced data management solutions, through software automation of critical IT operations. They provide intelligent data services that are easy to use, cost-effective, scalable, and industry leading. Belcan is a registered Commvault standard solution provider.
ServiceNow delivers digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity. They are considered an industry leading provider of ITSM solutions, workflow automation and SaaS automation platforms. Belcan is a Registered ServiceNow Partner and Managed Service Provider of ServiceNow ITSM solutions supporting the public sector.
Chocolatey Software is focused on helping communities, customers, and partners find solutions to fill gaps that are often ignored. They apply simple, pragmatic, and open approaches to software management. Belcan is a Chocolatey Gold Partner for Americas focused on modernizing software automation for the Department of Defense.
Dell Technologies is an industry leading provider of end-to-end information technology solutions focused on digital transformation accelerators. Belcan is a Dell Federal Authorized Partner.
Belcan’s Government Solutions business unit is an information technology strategy and solutions organisation focused on providing services that allow US Federal Government agencies to deliver on the promise of technology.
- • More than 25 years of providing IT services to the US Federal Government with over 100 client engagements.
- • Lead complex IT programs for US Federal Government agencies in national security, defence, intelligence, health and finance.
- • Trusted strategic partner to more than 40 US Federal agencies; undertaken and successfully delivered more 90 prime contracts, task orders and sub-contracts; and achieved collective revenue approaching $1 billion.
- • More than 600 professionals provide expertise to customers across a broad range of technology and business areas.
Our mission is to deliver and support innovative solutions for large, complex US Federal Government enterprises with a targeted focus on higher-end differentiated services that solve mission-critical client issues.
Belcan has more than 21 years providing 24/7/365 mission-critical support to the US Department of Defence, including the US Army, US Marine Corps and US Air Force. Specifically, Belcan provides:
- A full lifecycle of information-management services, supporting stakeholders globally and ensuring 100% availability for mission-critical services.
- Situational awareness capabilities offered to leaders and soldiers that have fundamentally changed American warfare by drastically improving our capability to execute full-spectrum operations.
- Mission support products, including computer hardware, software, communications and network-management infrastructure to form an integrated system.
- Agile system/application design, development, testing, disaster recovery operations, security patching, computer operations and operations and maintenance.
- Cybersecurity operations that include architecture reviews, documentation reviews, security scanning and scanning results reviews.
- Maintain automated Assessment and Authorisation (A&A) tools, provide guidance for package development and submit formal recommendations to the Authorising Official (AO) regarding approvals or disapproval regarding Authorisation to Operate, Interim Authorisation to Test and Authorisation to Connect.
Belcan provides a broad range of Special Operations IT Services and support to the US Special Operations Command (USSOCOM). Air Force Special Operations Command (AFSOC), Army Special Operations Command (USASOC) and Navy Special Operations Command (NAVSOC). Since 2016, we have expanded our SOCOM presence from a single task order to 14 engagements worldwide. Focus areas of our support include:
- Providing Distributed Common Ground Surface-Special Operations Forces (DCGS-SOF) IT Modernisation via our expertise, guidance and a precise blueprint to ensure the successful transition to the SAFe development methodology.
- Providing system engineering and design services to produce a modernised platform to reduce complexity and inter-dependencies, simplify support and automate acquisition tasks.
- Support the SOCOM Command Data Office (CDO) Strategy by leveraging Data Science (DS), Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML) and Robotic Process Automation (RPA) services and solutions
- Collect and analyse requirements when potential system solutions involve the use of ML, AI and other advanced analytics techniques.
- Leveraging Big Data sets to design, build and integrating various data sources. They develop complex queries and ensure accessibility while optimising the performance of NoSQL and Big Data sets.
- Design and develop highly scalable, machine learning applications, using both pipelines and services, to process large volumes of data; design tools to train machine-learning models using data from across the enterprise.
For 22 years, Belcan has been a committed solutions partner for the Department of State. In this capacity, we enable rapid migration of mission-critical enterprise systems from legacy environments to the cloud to minimise service disruptions and modernise clients’ infrastructure and applications, while providing full lifecycle cybersecurity services, encompassing defence, resilience, analytics and compliance to nearly 300 world-wide locations. Functional support includes:
- Full Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) to include the development, deployment and disposition of information systems, as well as the integration of technical components, Information Technology components, organisational components and documentation.
- Operations and maintenance (O&M) on IT systems include all software and hardware associated with mainframes, client/server, web-based applications, and networking
- Assess options and recommend solutions for network improvements and technology upgrades, including development of technical feasibility briefings/reports and trade-off studies for proposed services.
- Manage the protection of critical infrastructure, assurance of agency information and operations protect and defend information and information systems by ensuring confidentiality, integrity, availability, accountability, restoration, authentication, non-repudiation, protection, detection, monitoring and event react capabilities
Belcan offers experience in supporting every cabinet-level agency within the US Government with 60 ongoing task orders reaching 50 unique clients. This broad range of experience gives Belcan a unique understanding, knowledge and experience of the US Government’s myriad of networks, operating environment and guiding regulations that, through our internal Technical Communities of Practice (TCoP) our managers and senior staff share successes and lessons-learned that our team have applied across Government. Key support that Belcan provides includes:
- Cloud Integrations & Services infrastructure development services and support; cutting-edge Cloud solutions development and implementation by leveraging Belcan’s AWS Partnership status.
- Custom Application Development and Integration (Agile/DevSecOps) including implementing public and private cloud platforms, migrating local data centres to the Cloud and converting legacy mainframe applications to outward-facing web-based solutions.
- Implementing a scalable Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) and Platform as a Service (PaaS) private cloud infrastructures using AWS and Microsoft Azure platforms.
- Providing Cyber Tool Integration and Management, FISMA and FISCAM/NIST expertise, complete end-to-end audits of systems for ATOs, data centre reviews, vulnerability scans and subject-matter expertise (SME) on cybersecurity threats and vulnerabilities/risks.
- Providing multi-tier Helpdesk/Service Desk Support where, through the application of leading edge tools and practices, have significantly improved first call resolution through the application of agent training, Tier 0 self-help and effective Knowledge Management.
All applications that TELESIS develops for US Federal clients meet the accessibility requirements delineated in Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973. We follow Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0, which provides overriding compliance information and related success criteria used by Section 508 drafters and rule-makers that are applied to both web and non-web documents.
Belcan Modern Slavery Policy
Site design and development by bfw Advertising